Tuesday, April 30, 2013

4/29/2013

Hey there!
What a blessed week out in Odenton :) I have an amazing new companion Sister Struhs. She is from Blackfoot Idaho! That is where grandpa grew up right? She even went to BYU-I woo woo.
She came in with a fire that Odenton needed! I remember sitting in transfer meeting being so incredibly nervous (almost shaking haha). when she got up to bear her testimony I knew that she would be my new companion. I really have been so blessed to have such an obedient companion. Odenton has been on fire this last week, we got tons of members out to our lessons which are always so beneficial. OFFER to go out with the missionaries in the area. It is such a blessing to have such strong members! We met 5 new investigators since Thursday! Wow! Not to mention we got to end the week great with the baptism of Miss Kim. What a special thing to be a part of! She had been so excited all week. The spirit was so incredibly strong as she was cleasend from everything that has been bugging her about her past. It was kind of funny, a member fromt he ward baptized her, him and his wife have really fellowshipped her and even took her to buy her first dress on saturday morning! They are seriously the best member missionaries! When he baptized her, at first her head didn't go all the way under so he pushed her down more and she started flicking her feet around. When she came out of the font she said that after she realized that brother denney wasn't trying to drown her haha that she felt so much calmness and peace. It was a really cool moment. after she got up and bore her testimony that she knew it was true and that it made her so happy. She also said that she knows that God loves her because we were able to come knock on her door and save her from the saddness that she had. The whole night was just to good to be true. The next day she was confirmed a member of the church and was given the gift of the holy ghost. I don't think I have ever felt so much joy! honestly! She came back to her seat with tears in her eyes. The humility she demonstrates is just so powerful. It really has been an amazing week :) This morning I was studying and the verse in Matthew 5:14-16. I have read these verses probably a hundred times but they have never stood out to me like they did this morning. Heavenly Father has each blessed us with unique personalities and talents. So why do we hide this light? I know that each of you has an amazing responsiblity and role here in this life so stop pretending to be someone else and just be yourself. plain,raw, natural. YOU! Be excited about the gospel :) share it with everyone you see and take every oppurtunity you have to be an example of the believers! "Bask in its life giving light" I love you all so much! Keep praying for me and my companion. Pray for Jean and Jandell this week that they will understand the happiness that this will bring them. I am so proud of you for having family prayer!
Love Sister Fullmer
 Sister Struhs New Companion





No comments:

Post a Comment