Sunday, November 10, 2013

11/4/2013

I have learned so much this week about what it means to love. I remember awhile back my dad sent me an email explaining that there are three types of love...1. I love you because....2.I love you  if....and 3. I love you even though...To be honest I hadn't thought a ton about that until this last week. I have been blessed to have so many people in my life to love and to be loved by. However I haven't realized until this last week what it means to sacrifice for someone you love. My companion is sick with migraines ( one of them) and the mission doctor called this morning saying that she might be sent home. On a mission you learn to love your companions...and I have been fortunate to get along well with them all so far. But I have learned a very valuable lesson this past week that in order to really show someone you love them, In order for your heart to sincerely, selflessly love them...you MUST sacrifice. There is no other way. I have learned that just because you get along well, tolerate, or like being with someone does not mean that you LOVE them. Christ-like love comes from serving selflessly. You must forget yourself. Because of all the time we have spent inside, I have had a lot of time to ponder this topic. I thought back to the people in my life that I told over and over again that I loved them! Then...I thought about the sacrifices I made for them. And the sum total was...zero. I am so grateful for this learning lesson now in life. TRUE CHRIST-LIKE LOVE = SACRIFICE. there is no other way. There can not be any other equation.

No comments:

Post a Comment