Tuesday, October 15, 2013

10/15/2013

So I just wanted to quickly share an experience I had with the scripture of D&C 4:6. Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, dilligence.
For a long time these christlike attributes seemed absolutely unattainable. I was reading in a talk about how different prophets throughout the BOM had these abilities. I got the idea that I knew people in my life that possessed these qualities! I went through and thought of a person for each attribute. I usually don't like to single people out. and I am not even sure who reads these but I wanted to share what I found.
Faith : I chose the biggest example in my life. Isaac Foley. He trusts with everything he has. He gives all of himself to his Heavenly Father and trusts that He will guide him.
Virtue: I thought of Karissa Lindsay. A friend from my high school drill team. We didn't know each other for very long but she made such a HUGE impact. Who can find a virtuous woman for her price is far above rubies? Karissa was always concerned with dressing modest and the way she presented herself was always virtuous. She is a woman of God!
Knowledge: I chose my very first seminary teacher brother Dixon! He helped me learn to love the scriptures. He hungered and thirsted after righteousness.
Temperance: I chose my MOM :) She is so patient with us and situations. She is always grateful for what she has :)
Patience: I picked my 9th grade English teacher. Joan Heap. She saw everyone as the Saviour would. Because she was able to see with spiritual eyes, she was patient with people and there shortcomings.
Brotherly Kindness:Mimi Miller! so happy. so nice. so friendly. enough said. She makes everyone feel loved and welcome:)
Godliness: My dad :) he is the closest example we could get to of how our Heavenly Father loves us. He loves unconditionally.
Charity: Karlee Hurst. She always gives. She is always looking for ways to reach out in love to friends and family.

 Humility: my best friend, Megan Marsden :) She wants to be her very best. She is constantly striving to be better. She WANTS to be shaped and changed.

Diligence: Gavin Yeip. He was always 100% comittied to whatever he did! Probably never thought that any one noticed...but I did!

 I hope that this can help me be able to attain these christ like attributes. This made it seem more attainable to me! I challenge you to do the same :)
Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment